CHAIRMAN OF THE UNITED KINGDOM ARMED FORCES RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB (UKAF RFC) EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The UKAF RFC are looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual who will bring passion and commitment, as well as management and leadership skills to the role of Chairman of the Executive Committee.
The UKAF RFC combines the talent of the 3 Service Rugby Unions into a single body to represent the UK Armed Forces at international competitions and for exhibition rugby matches. Our aim is to provide opportunities to generate sporting events that are considered the pinnacle of our members, players and coaches in equal measure.
UKAF RFC Chairman of the Executive Committee
- A Trustee of the UKAF RFC Board.
- A voting member of the UKAF RFC Executive Committee.
- Provide leadership of the Executive Committee to ensure it functions effectively.
- Set the Club’s strategic priorities and provide direction and guidance on policy matters, through Directors, to ensure individual goals within the strategy are met.
- Set a financial framework, working with sponsors and major stakeholders to sustain the delivery of UKAF Rugby activity and services.
- To communicate effectively the vision and purpose of the organisation.
- Ensuring that the Executive Committee observe the highest standards of propriety and operate in accordance with the Club’s governance framework.
- Maintaining and developing strong relationships with the Single Service Rugby Unions, the RFU and other major stakeholders and key influencers.
- To advocate for and represent the organisation at external meetings and events.
- Igniting and sustaining curiosity, desire and passion for rugby.
- Providing improved quality of experience for players, coaches, officials and spectators that is considered the pinnacle of Service Rugby.
- Recognising and rewarding each individual’s contribution to UKAF Rugby.
- Committed to Service Rugby, and capable of supporting UKAF RFC through fulfilment and successful performance of the role of Chairman.
- Ideally, but not exclusively, a serving or reserve member of the Armed Forces.
- The ability to make strategic decisions within a complex and shifting landscape.
- Proven skills to provide leadership, management and strategic guidance of a high profile charitable and/or sports organisation.
- Personal integrity and resilience, demonstrable independence and other attitudes consistent with the expectations of a high-profile role.
- Able to lead the delivery of a co-ordinated programme of elite representative rugby activity that is consistent with the requirements of the Service and coherent with the aims of UKAF RFC.
- Willing and able to liaise widely across all Services (in person as well as by other means) in pursuit of the UKAF RFC agenda.
The selection process
- Closing date for applications is Friday 10 April 2020.
- Applications should be made, by email, to The UKAF RFC Secretary, email@example.com
- Applications should include sufficient detail to explain an individual’s suitability for the role (CVs and covering letters are encouraged).
- Written applications will be considered by a panel chaired by Vice Admiral B Key CBE, UKAF RFC President; candidates may be invited to interview to constitute a second round of the selection process if deemed appropriate by the panel.
- It is intended to make an appointment not later than Friday 24 April 2020.